Health & Safety Protocols
In accordance with the updated State of NJ mask and social distance policies, members, employees and guests should observe the following protocols while in the facility.
As you know, Schafer Sports Center is a multi-purpose facility with an emphasis on activities for children and individuals with Special Needs. With vaccinations, currently not available for children; all children must continue to wear a mask while in the facility. Likewise, adults in all the areas of building where children are present must also wear a mask regardless of their personal vaccination status. This includes, the main entrance/exit of the building, lobby, hallways and restrooms. Fully vaccinated individuals are permitted to remove mask once in your workout area. Unvaccinated individuals are required to continue to follow the CDC guidelines, to wear a mask and maintain 6 feet distancing. With these new guidelines, we are now allowing up to 2 spectators per family to observe classes.
We truly appreciate your support and adherence to the safety protocols for the benefit of all. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. A list of guidelines is below.
Thank you, Schafer Management
- Everyone will have temperatures taken prior to entering the building
- COVID-19 Daily Health Screening must be completed prior to entering the building each day
- There will be a thermometer touch-free scan for each parent and child as you pass through the line to enter the facility
- If you pass the health screening questions and temperature check, we will allow one parent per family to enter the facility for classes for children 5 yrs and younger
- We won’t allow anyone in for classes who does not pass the health screening process as this is for the safety of all
- Our staff will be required to wear a face covering at all times
- To reduce the number of occupants, we are moving to curbside drop off for students 6 yrs and older with a staff member greeting and escorting your child into the facility and to class
- A face covering will be required for all parents and children who enter the facility
- Hands free sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the facility and must be used prior to entering the facility
- Students will sanitize between each event
- We will have staff disinfecting between each event/class
- Swimmers will need to provide their own goggles if needed due to the capacity limitations within the building, we will only permit one parent or guardian to be present for lessons
- Swimmers will be allowed to remove their face covering for lessons, but will need to have them on upon leaving the changing room/facility
- Swimmers will have access to our changing rooms for limited use upon completion of your child’s swim lesson. All students will need to arrive in their swim wear ready to take class
- Please see our Health Handbook for more details