Give your child a head start in competitive swimming and advanced techniques today by enrolling in Swim Conditioning at Schafer Sports Center! Swim conditioning provide a great way to learn and improve swim technique.
Class coaches will evaluate each swimmer to ensure readiness for the program. The program utilizes a series of drills to breakdown and re-build each swimmer’s strokes, starts, turns and finishes. In addition, swimmers will learn the rules and regulations governing competitive swimming.
Our Swim Conditioning classes put emphasis on proper technique over speed. A strong technical foundation will ensure that students’ progress much faster when the time comes for them to work on speed.
Many children who have the potential to become great swimmers are placed on swim teams. However, without adequate guidance and instruction, children do not learn the proper techniques. As a result, improper techniques develop into bad habits which can hinder progress.
Students will enhance their strokes with drills taught by our stroke technique coaches. Swim conditioning is exciting and fast paced, and students will receive a great workout.
New Safety Protocols
- We will have every other changing stall available for use
- Swimmers will need to provide their own goggles if needed
- Due to the capacity limitations within the building, we will only permit one parent or guardian to be present for lessons
- In accordance with stat mandates and our new safety measures, everyone must enter the building wearing a face covering while in the waiting area the parent or guardian must keep a face covering on at all times
- Swimmers will be allowed to remove their face covering for lessons, but will need to have them on upon leaving the changing room/facility
- COVID-19 Daily Health Screening must be completed prior to entering the building each day
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival and prior to entering the building each week. If the temperature reads 100.4 or higher entrance will not be permitted
Due to COVID-19 and State restrictions, we have implemented a number of health and safety measures to ensure that all of our lessons provide limited risk to our students and staff.
We are also limiting the number of students in the pool at any given time, so we are now offering private one on one lessons or semi private lessons within the same family or 2 people within the same circle.
We do have a limited number of small group classes for our higher swim levels. If your child was in swim conditioning or is a high level swimmer, we can customize some options. Please contact us at 609 393-5855 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about lessons
Swim Conditioning Offers
- Physical conditioning – to build strength and stamina
- Stroke refinement – to prevent bad habits
- Advanced skills – that are beyond basic swimming such as starts and turns
- Intensive coaching – students are given 1-on-1 critiquing and guidance
60 Minutes Swim Conditioning
- Offered to children who are 5 years or older and have a good knowledge of backstroke and freestyle
- Each 60 Minute clinic includes: 15 minutes dry land and 45 minutes in – water swimming
- Must bring: Swim cap, googles, jammers swim suit for boys, race swim suit for girls
- $100 per month
- Tuesdays 6:20pm–7:20pm or Sundays 11:10am–12:10pm
- This class require recommendation from an instructor. The focus is getting stronger in the pool and building stamina and strength. Students must have completed either swim level 6 or stroke class