Imagine your child surpassing competitive barriers, and being accepted just for who he is. Envision him experiencing joy while continually developing gross motor skills, fine motor, behavioral and social skills. Now see him as confident, and playing, sharing, conversing and working with peers.
This isn’t a dream. It’s Schafer Sports.
We are passionately committed to children with special needs, and their families. We insist on a culture that is compassionate and nurturing. We offer a range of programs, and place children where they will be most motivated and successful.
- Ages – 2 to adult
- Class length—30 – 45 minutes
- Private lessons—After evaluating your child, we might recommend starting with one-on-one lessons with one of our highly-experienced, caring teachers on a schedule that works for everyone.
- Group lessons—For children who are mild- to high-functioning on the ASD spectrum, this class is designed for you and your child to participate together.
- Transitional group class—When your child is ready for more independence, he will be with other students who are on the spectrum and working towards integration.
- Integration class—A teacher will facilitate a smooth transition to our integration class with typically-developing children when your child is ready behaviorally, socially and physically.
“We never let the word ‘no’ get in the way of our family’s dreams. We have the knowledge, experience and dedication needed to help families touched by Autism and other special needs.”
Shannon Schafer, owner and Director of Special Needs