Our instructors work with each athlete to develop the four basic fundamental skills of lacrosse which include the following: cradling, scooping, throwing and catching. It is very important to develop a strong foundation of these skills as it will enable your child to demonstrate the correct methods and techniques necessary to play at all levels of the game. Each lesson will include skill and drills to develop these fundamentals as well as an element of conditioning. Our instructors can work with all levels of lacrosse players ranging from beginner to high school.
We offer private, semi private and small group lacrosse lessons.
Lessons are open to both new and experienced lacrosse players. For new plays this is a great way to introduce your child to the sport of lacrosse. For the more experienced player this can help take their game to the next level. The focus of our instructors is to help develop skills, confidence and creative players.
Each session will focus on:
-Cradling the ball while advancing down the field
-Feinting and changes in direction
-1v1, 2v1, 2v2 technical and tactical exercises
-Scooping ground balls
-Passing and catching techniques
-Dodging and checking when appropriate for each athlete
New Safety Measures
- Everyone will have temperatures taken prior to entering the building
- COVID-19 Daily Health Screening must be completed prior to entering the building each day
- There will be a thermometer touch-free scan for each parent and child as you pass through the line to enter the facility
- If you pass the health screening questions and temperature check, we will allow one parent per family to enter the facility for classes for children 5 yrs and younger
- We won’t allow anyone in for classes who does not pass the health screening process as this is for the safety of all
- Our staff will be required to wear a face covering at all times
- To reduce the number of occupants, we are moving to curbside drop off for students 6 yrs and older with a staff member greeting and escorting your child into the facility and to class
- A face covering will be required for all parents and children who enter the facility
- Hands free sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the facility and must be used prior to entering the facility
- Students will sanitize between each event
- We will have staff disinfecting between each event/class
- Please see our Health Handbook for more details
Schafer Sports Center has a state of the art, top of the line indoor turf facility that is suited to soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, baseball, softball, ultimate frisbee and so much more. Field measure 120 ft x 116 ft. Please contact the athletics department at email@example.com or call at 609 393-5855 for details.