There’s no I in TEAM! At Schafer’s every boy learns what it means to work hard and excel as an individual, while encouraging their fellow gymnasts to reach their goals. Our Boys Gymnastics Teams have won (dozens) of state championships and our athletes have earned (hundreds) of individual awards. But more important is every boy’s sense of accomplishment and confidence, leadership, sportsmanship and resilience.
Boys will develop a strong foundation in the fundamentals of every movement and correct form, along with strength and flexibility. We emphasize a sense of healthy competition at this level, but always maintain our teaching philosophy of positive reinforcement.
New Safety Measures
- Everyone will have temperatures taken prior to entering the building
- COVID-19 Daily Health Screening must be completed prior to entering the building each day
- There will be a thermometer touch-free scan for each parent and child as you pass through the line to enter the facility
- If you pass the health screening questions and temperature check, we will allow one parent per family to enter the facility for classes for children 5 yrs and younger
- We won’t allow anyone in for classes who does not pass the health screening process as this is for the safety of all
- Our staff will be required to wear a face covering at all times
- To reduce the number of occupants, we are moving to curbside drop off for students 6 yrs and older with a staff member greeting and escorting your child into the facility and to class
- A face covering will be required for all parents and children who enter the facility
- Hands free sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the facility and must be used prior to entering the facility
- Students will sanitize between each event
- We will have staff disinfecting between each event/class
- Please see our Health Handbook for more details
Training 2x week for 1 ½ hours each practice – Monday and Wednesday 5:00 to 6:30pm
Boys focus on developing strength, flexibility, basic movements and form, working on the floor, horizontal bar, parallel bars, pommel horse and mushroom, still rings, and trampoline.
Ages 9 and Up
Monday, Wednesday 5:00 to 9:00pm, Saturday 12:00 to 4:00pm
Building on the skills learned in Mini-Team, the boys develop the strength, flexibility, knowledge, form and capacity to execute the skills for competition.
Teacher to student ratio: 1:10
“The boys team experience has been a very rewarding experience for our son. Coach Jon knows how to push him in a very supportive and encouraging way. He expects respect, still allowing the boys to be boys and have fun. We could not ask for a better environment and coach for our son to learn gymnastics and to compete in.”