Health & Safety Protocols
In accordance with the updated State of NJ mask and social distance policies, members, employees and guests should observe the following protocols while in the facility.
As you know, Schafer Sports Center is a multi-purpose facility with an emphasis on activities for children and individuals with Special Needs. With vaccinations, currently not available for children under 12; all children must continue to wear a mask while in the facility. Likewise, adults in all the areas of building where children are present must also wear a mask regardless of their personal vaccination status. This includes, the main entrance/exit of the building, lobby, hallways and restrooms. Fully vaccinated individuals are permitted to remove mask once in your workout area. Unvaccinated individuals are required to continue to follow the CDC guidelines, to wear a mask and maintain 6 feet distancing. With these new guidelines, we are now allowing one spectator per child to observe classes.
We truly appreciate your support and adherence to the safety protocols for the benefit of all. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. A list of guidelines is below.
Thank you, Schafer Management
- If you pass the health screening questions, we will allow one parent or guardian to enter the facility with their child while they are taking classes.
- We won’t allow anyone in for classes who does not pass the health screening process as this is for the safety of all.
- Our fully vaccinated staff is not required to wear a mask. Non vaccinated staff will be wearing a face covering at all times.
- To reduce the number of occupants in the building, we are moving to curbside drop off for campers from 8:45am until 9:10am, and from 12:15pm until 12:40pm. A staff member will greet and escort your child into the facility and camp.
- All children under the age of 12 are required to wear a mask while in the building unless they are accompanied by an adult who is fully vaccinated.
- A face covering will be required for all parents and children who enter the facility if unvaccinated.
- Hands free sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the facility and must be used prior to entering the facility.
- Students will sanitize between each event.
- We will have staff disinfecting between each event/class.
- Swimmers will need to provide their own goggles if needed due to the capacity limitations within the building, we will only permit one parent or guardian to be present for lessons.
- Swimmers will be allowed to remove their face masks for lessons, but will need to have them on upon leaving the changing room/facility if unvaccinated.
- Swimmers will have access to our changing rooms for limited use upon completion of your child’s swim lesson. All students will need to arrive in their swim wear ready to take class.
- Please see our Health Handbook for more details.