Give your child a head start in competitive swimming and advanced techniques today by enrolling in a Stroke Clinic at Schafer Sports Center! Stroke clinics provide a great way to learn and improve swim technique.
Clinic coaches will evaluate each swimmer to ensure readiness for the program. The program utilizes a series of drills to breakdown and re-build each swimmer’s strokes, starts, turns and finishes. In addition, swimmers will learn the rules and regulations governing competitive swimming.
Our Stroke Clinic classes put emphasis on proper technique over speed. A strong technical foundation will ensure that students’ progress much faster when the time comes for them to work on speed.
Many children who have the potential to become great swimmers are placed on swim teams. However, without adequate guidance and instruction, children do not learn the proper techniques. As a result, improper techniques develop into bad habits which can hinder progress.
Students will enhance their strokes with drills taught by our stroke technique coaches. The stroke clinic is exciting and fast paced, and students will receive a great workout.
Stroke Clinics Offer
- Physical conditioning – to build strength and stamina
- Stroke refinement – to prevent bad habits
- Advanced skills – that are beyond basic swimming such as starts and turns
- Intensive coaching – students are given 1-on-1 critiquing and guidance
60 Minutes Stroke Clinic
- Offered to children who are 5 years or older and have a good knowledge of backstroke and freestyle
- 7:1 student to coach ratio
- Each 60 Minute clinic includes: 15 minutes dry land and 45 minutes in – water swimming
- Must bring: Swim cap, googles, jammers swim suit for boys, race swim suit for girls
- $100 per month
- Tuesdays 5:00pm–6:00pm
90 Minutes Stroke Clinic
- Offered to children who are able to demonstrate knowledge of backstroke, freestyle and breaststroke
- 10:1 student to coach ratio
- Each 90 minute clinic includes: 20 minutes dry land and 70 minutes in-water swimming
- Must bring: Swim cap, googles, jammers swim suit for boys, race swim suit for girls.
- $140 per month
- Fridays 5:00pm–6:30pm